Founded in 1959, Barnhart is a non-profit Kindergarten through 8th grade independent co-ed school.
ACCREDITATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS:
- California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
- National Association of Independent School (NAIS)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- CalSAC (California School Age Consortium)
- PAIS (Pasadena Area Independent School Consortium)
- Arcadia Chamber of Commerce
- Educational Records Bureau
Dress uniform Monday-Thursday and Free Dress on Fridays.
Established in 1959 by Dr. Ethel Barnhart, Barnhart is affiliated with the non-denominational Santa Anita Church.
Ethnic Diversity of student body:
High School Matriculation:
Our students are accepted to the following high schools and more:
- Alverno High School
- Flintridge Preparatory
- Flintridge Sacred Heart
- Harvard-Westlake School
- La Salle High School
- Loyola High School
- Maranatha High School
- Marlborough School
- Mayfield Senior
- Polytechnic School
- St. Lucy's
- Stanford Online High School
- Saint Francis
- Westridge School for Girls
Gifted and Talented Programs: Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth and/or Duke Tip
To qualify for CTY and/or Duke Tip, students must score in the 95th percentile or higher on nationally normed tests in one of the following subtests: verbal reasoning, reading comprehension, quantitative reasoning or mathematics.